Monday, June 21, 2010

You know it's going to be a bad day when...

your doctor says "I'm sorry."

A little over a year ago when I returned to my surgeon after having had surgery, the first words out of his mouth were, "I'm sorry." What followed were numerous doctors visits, procedures and operations, and what I thought would be done and over in a matter of weeks turned into almost an eight month process. Through no fault of my surgeon, I had developed complications, and he was going to do his best to find the causes and fix the problems. In the end he has done just that.

Since the ordeal, I have recuperated and feel as good as ever, and I can say that it's been worth it to be able to enjoy the foods that were under dietary restrictions due to the condition originally causing the need for the operation.

No comments:

Post a Comment